- Start by learning what architecture is. According to the Webster’s dictionary: Architecture is the art of building in which human requirements and construction materials are related so as to furnish practical use as well as an aesthetic solution, thus differing from the pure utility of engineering construction.
- Time is also an important factor in architecture, since a building is usually comprehended in a succession of experiences rather than all at once. In most architecture there is no one vantage point from which the whole structure can be understood. The analysis of building types provides an insight into cultures and eras. These styles often reflect the needs of a specific way of life.
- Climate, methods of labor, available materials, and financial resources all impose their dictates. Each of the greater styles has been aided by the discovery of new construction methods. Once developed, a method survives tenaciously, giving way only when social changes or new building techniques have reduced it. That evolutionary process is exemplified by the history of modern architecture, which developed from the first uses of structural iron and steel in the mid-19th century.
Understand the evolution of architecture. You have to know the history of architecture; how and when it began. After understanding architecture’s history you have to also appreciate each phase of architecture. Architecture flourishes as time passes but in different ways and from different aspects. Understanding this, you will be able to appreciate the different stages of evolution. Architecture has and will continue to evolve.
Be open-minded when appreciating the evolution of architecture. Focus your attention on more than one period of time in the time line of architecture, broaden your mind to the different ways in which architecture was created because in each period, architecture didn’t begin all over again, it just got more revolutionized and enhanced. Each period offered something new and different because they weren’t all similar. But, keep in mind that some/most of architecture was influenced from other periods/civilizations.
Pay close attention to the detailing of the architecture because it tells a story from which it was developed. Since most architecture are influenced from the past, we now somewhat see the old architecture coming back into the modern architecture we have today.
When looking at the architecture, think about its background and try to figure out what aspects have been taken from other time periods, why it might have and if it made a greater significance. If you see no sign of influential traits, think about what new changes that can be made, why it's differentiated and how it will be used to influence the future and upcoming architecture.
- Use history books, the internet, or encyclopedias to help you learn about the history of architecture and different architectures.
- Find similar works of architecture that are created in different patterns. The details will reveal the meaning of the structure and its purpose.
- Forex in Qatar www.forexqatar.net
- One of the top managers in the filed of Education josephtramontana.com is a sought after professional. Mr. Tramontana has published many articles in the field.